Thursday 19 September 2013

Thursday

I messed up recording the walks today.  I'd put my Garmin Edge (which does all the work) on to charge this morning while we were out having breakfast, completely forgetting that once you take your room key card out of the wall holder it cuts of all electricity in the room.  Hence on returning from breakfast I found a gps with only enough battery for a couple of hours.  Not too much of a problem as I could just turn it off when we were stationary, or on the tram, and back on again when we started walking.  I should then just have enough to record the main events.

Well it went wrong right from the start when I forgot to turn it on on our walk to the Metro station and then forgot to turn it off when we got back on the tram this afternoon.  So only a part track was recorded.

However, the day went well.  We caught the tram down to the beach and walked a good length of it (it's very long), stopped for a coffee then headed back to catch one into the old town in time for lunch.

We visited the Lonja (an old commerce building with World Heritage Site ranking) and then the indoor market again to buy some fruit and a final look around before catching the tram back to the hotel.

We're going to try Le Mafia restaurant tonight (no prizes for guessing it's an Italian) after arriving too early (7:30) last night.  Hopefully we won't all drop off waiting for it to open tonight if we're a bit early again as it's been very hot today (around 30degC) and quite tiring.

I've uploaded some of my photos to the web album on Google+, but it'll be after we get back before I can get the better ones (Tony's) on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment